International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified Tester Foundation Level.
Chapter: Fundamental of Testing
1) Which of the following statements BEST describes one of the seven key principles of Software Testing?
a) Automated tests are better than manual tests for avoiding the Exhaustive Testing.
b) Exhaustive testing is, with sufficient effort and tool support, feasible for all software.
c) It is normally impossible to test all input/output combinations for a software system.
d) The purpose of testing is to demonstrate the absence of defects.
2. Which of the following statements is the MOST valid goal for a test team?
a) Determine whether enough component testing was executed.
b) Cause as many failures as possible so that faults can be identified and corrected.
c) Prove that all faults are identified.
d) Prove that any remaining faults will not cause any failures.
3. Which of these tasks would you expect to perform during Test Analysis and Design?
a) Setting or defining test objectives.
b) Reviewing the test basis.
c) Creating test suites from test procedures.
d) Analyzing lessons learned for process improvement.
4. Below is a list of problems that can be observed during testing or operation. Which is MOST likely a failure?
a) The product crashed when the user selected an option in a dialog box.
b) One source code file included in the build was the wrong version.
c) The computation algorithm used the wrong input variables.
d) The developer misinterpreted the requirement for the algorithm.
5. Which of the following, if observed in reviews and tests, would lead to problems (or conflict) within teams?
a) Testers and reviewers are not curious enough to find defects.
b) Testers and reviewers are not qualified enough to find failures and faults.
c) Testers and reviewers communicate defects as criticism against persons and not against the software product.
d) Testers and reviewers expect that defects in the software product have already been found and fixed by the developers.
6. Which of the following statements are TRUE ?
a) Software testing may be required to meet legal or contractual requirements.
b) Software testing is mainly needed to improve the quality of the developer’s work.
c) Rigorous testing and fixing of defects found can help reduce the risk of problem occurring in an operational environment.
d) Rigorous testing is sometimes used to prove that all failures have been found.
a) B and C are true; A and D are false.
b) A and D are true; B and C are false.
c) A and C are true; B and D are false.
d) C and D are true; A and B are false.
7. Which of the following statements BEST describes the difference between testing and debugging ?
a) Testing pinpoints (identifies the source of) the defects. Debugging analyzes the faults and proposes prevention activities.
b) Dynamic testing shows failures caused by defects. Debugging finds, analyzes, and removes the causes of failures in the software.
c) Testing removes faults. Debugging identifies the cause of failures.
d) Dynamic testing prevents causes of failures. Debugging removes the failures.